Re: aio routines close file descriptor

Hi!

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:12:17 -0400, Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com> wrote:
> I can paste/attach a strace output if it helps: tell me if that'll be helpful!

That certainly would be a first step.

> I don't have any code to easily reproduce, if no one else can figure
> this out in the next week I'll attempt to replicate this with a small
> C test case.

That also certainly would help a lot.

> Using the aio functions, when calling aio_read >5 times in quick
> succession on the same file descriptor, one of the threads will call
> `close` it...
> This manifested as a slew of EBADF errors on subsequent calls.

Also, if the error replicates when running under GDB, putting breakpoints
on close and related functions would give a clue, if one is hit, where
the call site is, and what the context was.

What's your version of glibc, and does the error reproduce with the
current development version?

I have not yet looked at the AIO code to figure out what it might be
doing wrong.

GrÃÃe,
 Thomas