systemwide profiling of string functionss

Hello,

I looked how are string functions used and wrote simple library for profiling. It can be LD_PRELOADed per application or systemwide.

Current version is at
http://kam.mff.cuni.cz/~ondra/benchmark_string/profile/string_profile.tar.bz2

As example I profiled glibc compilation and results are here:
http://kam.mff.cuni.cz/~ondra/benchmark_string/profile/result.html
It measures number of times functions were called and inspected given number of characters, alignments and delays between subsequent calls on log scale.

This differs from my typical workloads as it uses longer strings.
When I measured systemwide then strlen was longer than 80 characters with probability like %1, here gap is around 500 characters.

Are there any volunteers that also try to measure their system?