This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: how do exit and _exit affect mmapped memory?
- From: Godmar Back <godmar at gmail dot com>
- To: Dmitry Goncharov <dgoncharov at users dot sf dot net>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 00:32:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: how do exit and _exit affect mmapped memory?
- References: <20120909031203.GC10479@madrid>
It'll be saved in all cases, no matter what the process does or how it exits.
On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Dmitry Goncharov
> Good morning,
> A program uses glibc on linux. The program uses mmap with flag MAP_SHARED.
> The program never calls munmap or msync.
> Is there a guarantee that the contents of the mapped memory will be stored to
> the file when the program calls exit?
> Is there such a guarantee if the program calls _exit or is killed by a signal?
> Does calling munmap give such a guarantee?
> regards, Dmitry