Re: Can I compile with MMX and SSE/SSE2 instruction sets ?

On 6/26/2012 4:13 PM, Timothy Madden wrote:
> On 06/24/2012 08:09 PM, Nix wrote:
>> On 24 Jun 2012, Carlos O'Donell outgrape:
>>
>>> What documentation are you reading that says to use `install_root`?
>>
>> This certainly used to be the expected, nay, mandated way to install (in
>> the FAQ and elsewhere). If you haven't reread the documentation since
>> glibc-2.15 (when DESTDIR started working), you won't have noticed this
>> change. I know I didn't until just now.
>>

> I read about install_root in the INSTALL file in the glibc-2.15 source package that I downloaded.

Aha! Thanks, you've found a place that should be updated.

Could you please file a bug for this and we'll get it fixed?

We need to decide if we want to fix install_root for all the
users that are already expecting it to work.

Carlos O'Donell
Mentor Graphics / CodeSourcery
carlos_odonell@mentor.com
carlos@codesourcery.com