Re: dlopen and memory order guarantees with threads

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM, edA-qa mort-ora-y <eda-qa@disemia.com> wrote:
> On 03/03/2012 10:43 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> In general coherency it is an expected guarantee that userspace
>> has from the kernel and the underlying hardware.
>
> This is why I ask however, since with the new C++11 standard and C1X we
> are being told that full and immediate visibility should not be assumed.
> We have some basic assumptions about coherency -- such that we can't
> have conflicting writes -- but the timely visibility is still an issue.

Note that it is C11 not C1x as of the ratification date of December 8th 2011.

If you think there is something that the C11 standard says that doesn't
correctly match the GNU/Linux and GLIBC implementation then please feel
free to raise that here. We can talk about it and take it to libc-alpha
for further technical discussion.