Re: Bugs in jnf(3) and jn(3)

On 12/6/2010 5:33 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:
> The following two codes demonstrate bugs in
> I suspect all versions of jnf(3) and jn(3).

I can confirm this. Upstream git trunk suffers from this problem.

I have filed an internal issue for our developers to review.

If you are looking to help with the bug I can give you some guidance.

(a) Checkout latest glibc/glibc-ports git.
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GlibcGit#Fetching_The_Repository

(b) Apply the required patches.

(c) Build and test.

(d) File a bugzilla issue against libc->math, describe the bug,
describe the fix, attach the patch and list the testing you did.

(e) Post similar email to libc-alpha with pointer to bugzilla issue
asking for one of the core maintainers (Roland or Ulrich) to checkin
the patch.

Thanks!

Carlos O'Donell
CodeSourcery