Re: Help on dlmopen()

NS3 is a part of the framework I am working.
However, I do not really need the fancy posix implementation, which is
still experimental. There are only 10-20 needed function for inter
object communications.

And I got curios why there is this limitation in "normal" implementation?

Laurynas

On 06/18/2010 03:03 AM, Boris Arnoux wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Something like that is developed for the NS3 network simulator.
>  ( NS3-simu branch )
>  http://code.nsnam.org/mathieu/ns-3-simu/
>
>  There, loading multiple instances of the executable are used
> as a virtualization solution at the process level. The number of
> such namespaces is augmented by specific loader code.
> ( see the "smart elf loader" part ).
>
> But I guess that's precisely on NS3 you are interested. Right ?
>
> Cheers,
> Boris Arnoux
>
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Laurynas Riliskis
> <laurynas.riliskis@ltu.se> wrote:
>>
> Hi,
>
> I want to load many (upp to 100k units ) instances of the same library.
> hte code for oppening library is
>        handler = dlmopen( LM_ID_NEWLM ,libname, RTLD_LAZY );
> However, I am not able to open more then 14 units before I get error:
> "
> no more namespaces available for dlmopen(): Invalid argument
> "
>
> It may look strange the need for such approach, but there is very good
> explanation. Which is also very long one :)
>
> Thank you for helping me!
>
> Laurynas

- --
Laurynas Riliskis               Phone:  +46 (0)920 491 788
Ph.D Student                    Mobile: +46 (0)730 542 735
Communication Networks          Room:   A3217
Luleå University of Technology  Email:  laurynas.riliskis@ltu.se
SE-971 87 Luleå, Sweden         WWW:    http://www.ltu.se/staff/l/lauril