Re: How do values get into the %gs:0x0 location?

PS --

On Aug 26, 2009, at 1:31 PM, Eduardo wrote:

In particular, I know that my program has to store pointers to at
least three locale-related objects -- _nl_C_LC_CTYPE, _nl_C_LC_MONETARY, and
_nl_C_LC_NUMERIC. So I have a couple of questions about that --

These objects are related to locale specific data, I suppose.

Right. My program uses printf to print a floating-point number with the %f format specifier. (That's actually all it does -- I uncovered the general bug in my system by noticing that it threw an exception when trying to print floating-point numbers.) Glibc uses locale- specific information in order to decide, for instance, whether to use a point (.) or a comma (,) to demarcate the fractional part of the number.

Best wishes,
Amittai

Amittai Aviram
Graduate Student in Computer Science