Re: Handling of locale character sets

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Roger Leigh<rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 09:30:34PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
>> I'm looking for some pointers on how character sets are handled
>> internally by glibc. ?While I've read the relevant standards
>> (C, POSIX/SUS, and also had a peek at the source, there are some
>> details that I would like to get clarified if possible.
>
> I never saw any reply to this query. ?Is there a more appropriate
> list for this type of enquiry?

No, this *is* the list, but unfortunately we don't have an active
community member who understands that code.

While I can't easily answer any of your questions, please feel free to
post them anyway, and we can try work out an answer.

If you become the expert in glibc character set handling, that's not
my fault ;-)