Re: wait for CLONE_THREAD

2009/7/22 Liu Xin <Liu.Xin@fujixerox.co.jp>:
> redirect me if i am sent wrong mail-list. I am making my speficalized thread
> library.
>
> i separated thread into 2 kinds -- leader and task. A group of tasks is
> generated by a leader with THREAD_CLONE flags using linux clone(2).
>
> a leader is responsible for fireing up his tasks by tkill(2). however, i
> found trouble to track progresses in leader thread .

Is there any particular requirement that you have that makes the
standard POSIX pthread interface unsuitable for your work?

It looks like you are going to a lot of trouble to create something
which already exists. Building your library on top of the pthread
interface would make your application portable to Solaris, AIX, HPUX
etc.