2.4 / 2.5 compatibility?

I'm working on a project to get a large suite of software compile on
SuSE 10 (glibc 2.4) running on RedHat 5.3 (glibc 2.5).  Recompiling
the software must be avoided if at all possible.

The software seems to run with no problems, though we have only tested
a tiny fraction of the functionality.  However, I (and others I have
talked to) have the impression that running with a different version
of glibc than software was compiled against is a "Bad Thing (tm)".

Anyone know if there are any problems we can expect?  Or am I mistaken
that there is a glibc version compatibility problem?

Thanks,

--David