Re: Looking for glibc 2.3.3 changes

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 09:59:35 john h wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 May 2009 09:46:19 john h wrote:
> >> We have a glibc port to a processor that was done by someone else and
> >> we have the ChangeLog that is shown below.  We don’t have the baseline
> >> of glibc before they made the changes and need it so that we can move
> >> it forward easier.
> >>
> >> I have tracked back to 2.3.3-70 with all but the last 2 changes in the
> >> log below. Is there anyway to find out where these 2 changes are and
> >> be able to get them (like to cherry pick it in Git from somewhere)?
> >
> > they were probably made in a fedora branch rather than the master branch
>
> Is there an easy way to find them? I've been trying to look at the
> branches but have not been successful finding those changes.

first, please do not top post

second, afaik, the fedora guys created a branch for every version of glibc
named the same way.  so coordinating a version to the branch in question
should be fairly straightforward.  after that though, you'll have to review
the changes to find the one you're interested in.  grouped ChangeLog entries
do not always coordinate to exactly one changeset.
-mike