gettext and argp

Hello,

I am writing a program using both gettext and argp. From what I understand
from the glibc manual is that you should be able to set the text domain
that argp uses internally by assigning a value to argp_domain in the
struct argp which I think should be "libc". However this doesn't seem to
trigger the translation of the argp internal messages. Only by setting the
default textdomain to libc will it translate its own messages. However in
that case my messages don't get translated.

Is this a bug or do I misunderstand? If so how do I get argp to use the
libc textdomain for its own messages and my textdomain for my messages?

Regards,
Dave

Using debian-stable, libc-2.3.6