Re: I need a workaround (!) for "undefined reference to `__ctype_b'"

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 23:55:44 Hartmut Niemann wrote:
> Obviously the module uses a libc function that needs this symbol.
> How can I find out, which one?

it is pulled in indirectly via ctype.h.  the macros in there referred to it
directly.

> I can not request recompilation with a recent setup (it would help, but
> probably break compatibility with legacy systems) or full source code
> from that company, but if I can point them to a few library functions,
> they could wrap these in private functions, split those into
> something like mystring.c which they could distribute in source code.

there is no compatibility guaranteed at the .o level.  either you downgrade
your glibc to match theirs, or they have to rebuild with a newer glibc to
match yours.
-mike