ld-linux and binary instrumentation

hi all,
   I am trying to add an empty section/program header to the dynamic
loader binary.
  When I try to use this instrumented ld-linux.so.2, the applications
crashes with a Segmentation
Fault. However, the same works with all other libraries including libc.
instrumented version crashes with a Segmentation Fault.

Is there something different in the ld-linux.so.2 shared object, which
does not allow it to be instrumented ?

Thanks in advance

--
Cheers