Re: Error cross-compiling glibc-20081013 with connections.c:1831: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment

Hi Ryan,

I don't think it's the connections.c that is having problem this time.
It failed during linking nscd because of multiple definition of
`_res_hconf_init'. I looked at nscd/res_hconf.c and it includes
resolv/res_hconf.c causing the linker to barf that function
`_res_hconf_init' was previously defined (already in libc.a via
resolv/res_hconf.o at this point).

I don't know what's the use of nscd/res_hconf.c but I am able to
worked around the problem by removing res_hconf in nscd/Makefile.

I also read a post describing the same problem in the thread: Trouble
cross compiling glibc 2.7 with powerpc 440FP target. His workaround is
to remove res_hconf.o when linking nscd.

Thanks,
-jason

--
"Regard your soldiers as your children,
  and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.

  - Sun Tzu, the art of war