This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc-2.8 and libiberty
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: "Peter Hjalmarsson" <xake at rymdraket dot net>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 07:55:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: glibc-2.8 and libiberty
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=NTZui4rh9FsSnix8XkXJKbc9qWJePn5pwrWO3nIccK8=; b=LORFCLDAX29mVISar4sPe6k+fChsIUVyOqWLfyAneeuix+UDvOQGjjI6G4k3EbbLae ytcGxGcDvpO4dpy8UxQnn99ACdn3Bc5icUACP+MHC9iq6daAScwSTAVZT91WtAP7iqI+ yvRwoViA6cjtMQwotpXpeYYPfBytXXXPS7QDQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=rfnsaMrYtnDtl1QK7erbinMWHcyIk1Y+xpPX8qv70ej/JxZvwuZ5+Jfls9kde/AP/f RyqjYtgzZfK24k0i34+tTX9HJ3S6fEIJEpPKGBPfsUiOs0Bu4b4/oa9ZhINRD6e/mQwD LGPRcb3GSLwTQKpliL07DMqHIqJsL3s0Mbgm8=
- References: <1220345313.31219.14.camel@lillen>
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Peter Hjalmarsson <email@example.com> wrote:
> I have been playing around with glibc, FORTIFY_SOURCE and gcc.
> After I installed glibc-2.8 I started to get problems with building gcc, gdb and binutils.
> The thing they have in common (and the place of breakage) is libiberty.
This is a bug in libiberty. When FORTIFY_SOURCE is specified, glibc
turns asprintf into a macro, and libiberty doesn't expect this.
Look at gcc/MAINTAINERS for the current maintainers of libiberty in
gcc, and email them for suggestions on how best to proceed.
Gentoo is using this patch to fix the issue: