Re: Need help in properly formatting a patch for glibc

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Denys Vlasenko <dvlasenk@redhat.com> wrote:
> Please advice what I did wrong, and what is the correct Changelog
> format.

Denys,

You need a <tab> before the *.

The path in the ChangeLog should be in reference to the closes
ChangeLog to the file changed.  In this case the GLIBC root directory
ChangeLog, hence, malloc/malloc.c.

You need to include the function changed following the file, i.e.
(public_rEALLOc):

You need to capitalize the first word of each change line.

You need to end each line with a period.

If the comments take more than one line then indent every continuation
with a preceding tab as well but don't include the *.

So I think it should look something like this:

2008-18-08  Denys Vlasenko  <dvlasenk@redhat.com>

<tab>* malloc/malloc.c (public_rEALLOc): Fix a case of realloc not
copying entire block.

Regards,

Ryan "I always get beat up over ChangeLogs" Arnold