This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
- From: Reuben Thomas <rrt at sc3d dot org>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- Cc: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 16:48:43 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: strrstr
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; t=1209743320; x=1210348120; s=key1024; d=sc3d.org; c=relaxed/relaxed; q=dns; h=From:Subject:Date:Message-ID:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type:In-Reply-To:References; b=Io4BRGbMn34JsR9swA+ySU0cwfMHp7r72Vbz89HmBkhj8IepAZqlWVwAWHMsCjSS1M1NvcOz+oW6AA3jYHixNRY3tC/Zv0E5y9va/fp74VMgo3Q8zxVRzuAk0HQM29RUQ1atEQS5dFfGBVE4n2Q7/IBL/W40J8HVfR25ZliTk+8=
- References: <alpine.DEB.1.00.0804302028360.19137@canta> <20080430204909.D4E8926FA04@magilla.localdomain> <alpine.DEB.1.00.0804302245270.6734@canta> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.1.00.0805021424150.10349@canta>
On Fri, 2 May 2008, Reuben Thomas wrote:
On Fri, 2 May 2008, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
Do you have a test suite which shows they are the same?
No, I don't. I agree that writing a test suite is a good idea. I'll look at
the glibc sources to see how this is done for other functions.
Looking at the sources of glibc 2.7, I can see tests for strto*, but nothing
for the string search functions. Am I missing something or should I try to
make up some sensible tests for strrstr myself? I could also make some for
strstr, I guess, to be sure I'm on the right lines with existing code before
trying to test prospective new code.
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | Caution Children At Play Drive Slowly (Anon)