Re: setXid

> These extensions are honestly as well defined (or better) than the POSIX
> mandated behavior and they are necessary for people who actually want the
> behavior (at least for migration purposes).

Sorry, that is just totally wrong.  Tell me right now exactly what they do,
I dare you.  You can't, because we don't know.  Like many parts of Linux,
this has always been a mess for the multithreaded cases and unclear what
many of the semantics are.  People have been coping with it, yes.  That
doesn't mean we want to say that this status quo is good enough.  It's not.

> I see no problem at all.  If another OS does not provide the
> functionality the functions can fail.

No other OS could provide the functionality, because noone knows what it is!
I demand a coherent specification for every API in glibc.  Period.

Thanks,
Roland