Re: INTERNAL_SYSCALL and function calls in arguments

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes:

> Andreas Schwab wrote:
>
>> Here is a patch to fix the INTERNAL_SYSCALL macro for x86_64 and ia64.
>> The definition on arm is probably also affected, but I can't test it.
>
> How does the generated code for all cases but the problematic one look
> like?  If more code is generated the change is no good.

Since the change only introduces temporary variables which the compiler
would create internally anyway, the compiler is perfectly capable to
optimize them away, and in all cases except sched_setaffinity the
generated code is virtually identical.

Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany