Re: new syscall stub support for ia64 libc

  >> Would it perhaps be possible for glibc to provide a
  >> non-cancellable version of fprintf?

  Uli> Definitely not.  How can you expect fprintf to work for
  Uli> low-level debugging like that of cancellation handling?

Didn't you answer your own question in the paragraph below?

  Uli> There is one way, but it's not official and might just change
  Uli> underneath you.  You can add 'c' to the mode string of fopen()
  Uli> to request no cancellation.  But this requires opening a new
  Uli> stream.

OK, I'll look into adding that to libunwind.

  >> Where can I find the definitely list of cancellable routines?

  Uli> POSIX standard.

Thanks.  In case there are others on this list who are not intimately
familiar with the POSIX standard, here is the relevant URL:

 http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/xsh_chap02_09.html

	--david