Re: glibc make check fails...

Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> writes:

> Ok, I was wrong.  I actually can only reproduce this in a build that's
> using not 2.4.18 headers but newer headers that define __NR_set_thread_area
> (when running on a 2.4.18 kernel that doesn't have the system call).

My kernel headers do not have that call.

> If that is your situation too, are you sure it worked before?  If that is
> not your situation, then I can't reproduce your situation and you will have
> to find some more information for me.
>
> The crash I see is from the useldt.h macros' use of INLINE_SYSCALL
> resulting in it calling __errno_location, which bombs when %gs isn't set up
> yet.  AFAICT the useldt.h macros have the very same issue with errno not
> being set up as the TLS macros have (errno TLS var vs __errno_location
> definition from libpthread, but both need %gs to be set up or they crash).
> So I am going to consolidate those macros and use the versions that avoid
> trying to set errno for both.

Unfortunatly my gdb cannot debug this but it's somewhere in the
libpthread startup code:

22306:  calling init: /builds/test-install/lib/libpthread.so.0
22306:
22306:  symbol=__errno_location;  lookup in file=linuxthreads/ex3
22306:  symbol=__errno_location;  lookup in file=/builds/test-install/lib/libpthread.so.0
22306:  binding file /builds/test-install/lib/libpthread.so.0 to /builds/test-install/lib/libpthread.so.0: normal symbol `__errno_location' [GLIBC_2.0]
Segmentation fault

Without the --enable-kernel=2.4.18 everything works, so it seems to be
a problem with the useldt code,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger