Re: Fix _exit for Linux

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 05:57:08PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > On Sep 16, 2002, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> wrote:
> >
> >> +libc_hidden_def (_exit)
> >
> > Hmm.  I don't think this is right.  libc_hidden_proto (_exit) is
> > commented out in include/unistd.h, so, if my understanding is correct,
>
> In that case it couldn't have worked before, have a look at
> sysdeps/unix/_exit.S, I just copied the declarations from there and
> that was the default used before AFAIK.

There is a difference between libc_hidden_def in .S files and in .c files.
In .S files it will work even if libc_hidden_proto () was not declared
in header files (usually the assembly doesn't even include those headers),
while if you use libc_hidden_{def,weak} without previous libc_hidden_proto,
things will break badly...

	Jakub