[David Mosberger <davidm@hpl.hp.com>] problem with unwind info for .init/.fini sections

Another mail from David.  He'll eventually manage to get the mailing
list handler to accept his machine.

--- Begin Message ---

  >> I can think of two approaches:
  >> Anybody else have a better idea or other comments?

  Cary> (3) Use the .init_array and .fini_array sections instead.

This would be by far the cleanest solution.

How well is this supported in binutils at the moment?  I see some
references to it, but am not sure whether there are any holes in its
support.

Are there any reasons *not* to switch to .init_array/.fini_array as
the primary init/fini mechanism?  Besides fixing the unwind problem,
it seems to me it's generally just a much cleaner solution and should
allow us to get rid of some rather ugly hacks in glibc.

	--david