Re: A mmap64 patch

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 01:16:01AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
>
> > BTW, MIPS needs mmap64.
>
> Then use the PPC version.  It is wrong to give the impression that

Can you tell me the difference between the ppc version and the
sparc32 version?

> this is the correct way of handling large files.  Every new port
> should not even have a non-large-file mode.

I think you get it backward. The kernel decides the size of off_t.
Like it or not, people porting glibc makes glibc to work with the
kernel. I have no idea what you meant by "new port". How new is
new? Besides my patch removes 2 files and makes mips to work.

As I have said many times before, all ports with 64bit off_t should
define a dummy mmap64.c. On those ports, there is no mmap2 syscall.
There is no difference between the current mmap64.c and the new one.
Could you please tell me in what aspect my patch changes new port?

H.J.