libanl + atexit + more

I've landed the libanl (asynchronous name lookup library) code.  It
entirely based on the proposal I circulated several months ago.
Please give it a try (there is the code for a test program called
ga_test; this is just for some initial testing, it'll go away).  I'm
also still open for a different name than libanl.  I think it's OK but
if somebody doesn't agree...

Second, I haven't gotten any comments on the atexit() implementation
changes I made.  They are so non-obvious that I thought the one or
other would comment.  The good thing is that this implementation
should be very robust.  The bad thing is that old programs cannot be
fixed, everything (means DSOs) has to be relinked (if they have this
problem which is fortunately rare).  I don't think this is a problem.
Note that today (until sometime next week :-) this atexit()
implementation is not Unix conforming.  Unix currently forbids this
behavior (this means the registered functions are called at dlclose()
time).  I've filed an defect report which will be handled next week.

Which brings us to the next point: I'll be off next week to the Unix
standard meeting.  Not a long trip this time, fortunately (just up the
East Bay).  I'll probably handle mail (maybe we have a network
connection, otherwise I'll dial in at night).

And a final point.  With the libanl stuff in I have two more things on
my plate which I want to see done before a 2.2.3 release and these are
integrating the math library IBM contributed and one more ELF
extension (needed for a correct librt and libanl implementation).
I'll start on this once I'm back.

In the meantime, there are still various projects listed in the
PROJECTS file.  Especially #22, #21, and #25 are interesting (in that
order).