Re: [ia64-tools] Re: Re: ia64 fenv patch.

HJ> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 11:16:22AM +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>>  You claim in your patch that the logic was wrong - could you try
>> and explain what was actually wrong instead of just saying
>> something was wrong? It's somewhat hard to judge a patch if you
>> don't try and tell us what it is trying to solve.

HJ> Have you tried to fix all those "make check" failures under ia64?

Not recently, I normally run make tests - however my point was that
when you post a bug report it would be much more productive if you
wrote something like 'wrong bits masked resulting in bleh not being
enabled' instead of just 'logic is wrong'. With the latter one can
read you patch and actually see what you're trying to fix which is not
always obvious the other way 'round.

Jes