Re: make check on Alpha and SPARC (with patch for alpha)

Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> writes:

> On both, Alpha and SPARC tst-mtrace failed. In the tst-mtrace.out
> file, there are a lot of entries with "Alloc XX duplicate: ...."
> and 2 entries with Memory not freed. Since I don't know what the
> test expects, I don't know how to fix this.

The test expects to see no errors.  If these duplicate messages are
genuine these is a real problem (but I actually double it).  You
should be able to find out with the other information in the file
where the calls are made.  Also, there should be no unfreed memory.
Again, the other information is should help to locate the problem.

The tests run fine on x86, PPC, Arm, and Andreas's said on m68k.
Also, I have glibc compiled on an ev6 and this test didn't fail (some
others did, but are mostly kernel-related).

> On Alpha, also tfformat fails, I don't know why.

Nope, this doesn't fail either.  Your compiler seems to have problems.
Or maybe it's your kernel.

> For tst-limits I append a patch. INT_MAX was used for "long int" in
> bits/xopen_lim.h which is wrong. LONG_MAX should be used.

I'll fix that.  Thanks,