malloc.c outside glibc?

malloc.c has a fair amount of cruft so that it can compile outside
glibc and with K&R compilers.  If I am to continue that tradition with
BP changes, I will need to provide no-op definitions of some BP macros
that are provided for glibc in bp-checks.h.

Should I do that?  In other places, the trend is to clean that stuff
out, but I expect malloc might be an exception since package
maintainers will want to copy it into their distributions that need
to compile in broader environments.

Greg