Re: Many regex failures

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> The CVS at 7pm PDT on July 12, "make check" failed in posix:
>
> regexp: "[A-[.].]c]", string: "ab]!" -> no match, FAIL

OK, you scared me.  The FAILs you see are all expected.  Regex is
simply that buggy.  I looked at all the failing tests once to see
whether there is an easy fix and I haven't found any.

Regex must be rewritten completely and this is one of the things I
plan to do once things settle down with the 2.2 release.  There is
absolutely no hope to use a single piece from the existing
implementation since the most inner code is not prepared for multibyte
characters.