Re: Adding SH support to glibc-2.1.3

NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe@chroot.org> writes:

> Should we support things like this for GNU C Library?  Currently, I do
> configure for each target (sh3-unknown-linux-gnu,
> sh4-unknown-linux-gnu with different compiler switch (-mb for
> bigendian)), on installation.  It would be better it built all of them
> with target sh-unknown-linux-gnu...

The question is: what do you want people to use?  I would say having
to endinanesses is bad.  Decide on one and declare it the default.

For the SH-3, SH-4 difference.  Assuming the SH-1 and -2 will never be
supported (which is obviously correct) put the SH-3 files directly in
the sh subdirs.  For SH-4 specific code create a subdir sh4 and put
those file in their.  Then we'll recognize in the configure script
whether SH-3 or SH-4 is the target and include the sh4 subdir or not.