Re: sunrpc binary incompatibility with glibc 2.1.x

On Wed, May 24, Philip Blundell wrote:

> In message <20000524155327.A27846@suse.de>, Thorsten Kukuk writes:
> >Our IPv6 implementation is not compatible with Solaris8 and it seems with
> >*BSD, too. So I would like to remove the complete IPv6 code and wait for
> >an "official" solution.
>
> I don't have any objection to this, so long as an `official' solution is
> likely to be forthcoming.  Are there specifications for the interfaces and
> protocols used by the Sun and BSD implementations?

Sun uses TI-RPC, not SunRPC. You don't need to make any changes on the
interface. The problem is, that Solaris8 will not answer to SunRPC requests
on a IPv6 address, only on a IPv4 address.
I read something about a BSD implementation, but they haven't released
the source. They have the problem with the incompatibility to Solaris8,
too.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg