ELF visibility support in glibc 2.2

I checked in some testcases for ELF visibility in binutils. Under
glibc 2.1, STV_PROTECTED is not supported. So there are 5 expected
failures because of it. However, under glibc 2.2, in addition to
those 5 expected STV_PROTECTED failures, I got

FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal) (PIC main, non PIC so)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal) (PIC main)
FAIL: visibility (normal) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (normal) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (normal)
FAIL: visibility (normal) (PIC main, non PIC so)
FAIL: visibility (normal) (PIC main)

They are all passed under glibc 2.1. Something is wrong here. I don't
know what it is. I suspect ELF visibility support in glibc 2.2 is not
working right.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)