twp bigger changes

You might have noticed this from the CVS update and the checkin but I
still want to announce two bigger changes:

- I've added Jes's first IA-64 changes.  These are the changes to ld.so.
  This was the part of all the changes which I had the most problems with.
  The new code looks partly a bit more ugly but these changes were
  necessary to not penalize all architectures but IA-64 for the latter's
  weird requirements.

- I've changed the internal thread descriptor of the thread library a bit.
  This will have no visible changes for the user.  The only possible
  problem could be gdb if the old thread debugging mechanism is used.  But
  since gdb now uses libthread_db this shouldn't be a problem.  libthread_db
  is there for just these cases.

  The change is necessary since there are changes coming down the road which
  will depend on the free room at the beginning of the structure.  These
  changes are mainly dealing with thread-local data which is handled by the
  compiler.  We are currently defining an appropriate ABI in the IA-64
  working groups and I'm making sure the same mechanisms can be used for
  other architectures which have a thread-local register (or a relative
  wasy way to get it, like the Alpha).  Since it is impractical to customize
  the compiler to look at the end of the internal structure it is better
  to have a fixed offset.