Re: A patch for sunrpc

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 08:48:10PM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I forgot to mention that my patch is for glibc 2.1, which still uses
> > select for rpc, since it is what we are using today. We have no plan
> > to move glibc 2.2 any time soon. But we do want to support larger
> > NR_OPEN.
>
> Ah.  Well, given that `fd_set svc_fdset' defined using FD_SETSIZE is part
> of the -lrpcsvc interface, I don't think you can get away with messing with
> that.  The obvious way to easily support fds is to use poll, like glibc-2.2
> does.

I know it is not easy. But with glibc 2.1, when a user changes NR_OPEN,
anything uses RPC won't run, starting with portmap. With my kludge, the
machine will run. I understand that most of people want larger NR_OPEN
for threads. As long as we can get threads in glibc 2.1 to work with
larger NR_OPEN, they should be ok.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)