Re: merge done

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com> writes:
|> Also the output files are quite big.  This I actually regard as a
|> problem.  It might be worthwhile going away from the byte order
|> independent format since then the file size will shrink by almost 50%.

It would help a lot if we could use symlinks or something to avoid
having dozens of identical copies of LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE.

On my system I think I have 35 copies of the en_DK LC_CTYPE, for
instance, which come up to nearly 400k; and 22 copies of its
LC_COLLATE, which is nearly 700k.  There's rarely any reason for the
CTYPE files to differ if the charsets are the same, and the COLLATE
files should at least be the same if the language and charset is the
same.

This would also speed up the build, if we could generate these files
just once.

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>