Re: New pthreads library

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> Have you tried it?

Yes, I did.  And for my test case I got something like

	movl $%gs:0, %eax
	movl 4(%eax), %eax

or so.  I see that your example is working but I cannot explain ehy
they one I had does not work.  (Of course I overwrote my test case
with your's).  If I got the result I saw because of an error on my
side this method is certainly preferrable.  But it might also be that
gcc does something strange things and it is not reliable.  I'll talk
with our gcc people.