Re: gdb 4.17.0.13 is released.

> HJ Lu writes:
>
> > This is the beta release of gdb 4.17.0.13, which is based on gdb 4.17
> > plus Linux/x86 hardware watchpoint/FPU, glibc 2 pthread and Linux/PPC
> > support.
>
> Given that 4.18 is the current gdb release, why are you releasing a
> fork off of the old version?

Have you tried gdb 4.18 on Linux? It lacks many important features
added/fixed in gdb 4.17.0.x. People have been working on it. But it
may not be there until 4.19. So for the time being, Linux has to use
gdb 4.17.0.x if you want to debug thread, FPU and reliable hardware
watchpoint on x86.

BTW, I am working a patch for AMD new chip. I will make 4.17.0.14 after
I get confirmation.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)