Re: crypt add-on for 2.1.x on gnu server is missing

Ulrich> Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de> writes:
>> On ftp.gnu.org and its mirrors is no crypt addon for glibc 2.1.x.
>> Could somebody upload one, please?

Ulrich> I would like to avoid this.  We've done this in the past but ideally
Ulrich> ftp.gnu.org should not contain crypt code.

The documentation (README, FAQ, INSTALL files - all three of them)
document that it's available from ftp.gnu.org and its mirrors.  If you
don't want this, you should update those documents and put a
README-crypt on ftp.gnu.org.

People are asking for the crypt add-on and since they don't find a
2.1.x one, use the 2.0.6 one which doesn't work with 2.1.x.

Cheers
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de