Re: __register_frame_info problem on Alpha

> Hello,
>
> There is again a big problem with __register_frame_info, this time
> on Alpha.
>
> In all current distributions for Alpha using egcs 1.1.2 and glibc 2.1.x
> __register_frame_info is not in libc. Same sources with a current egcs
> or gcc 2.95 snapshot compiled, libc.so.6.1 contains the __register_frame_info
> symbol. And again, new binaries will not work on other Distributions because
> of this missing symbol. This is not good.
>
> We need a solution for it, asap.

It is a very tricky problem. On alpha, DWARF2 EH is used after egcs
1.1.2. The glibc configure checks which compiler you are using and
sets things up accordingly. If you compile glibc with egcs 1.1.2,
__register_frame_info won't be included in libc.so.6.1. If you compile
glibc with the newer egcs/gcc, __register_frame_info will be in
libc.so.6.1.

Ulrich, can we always include __register_frame_info and its friends
on alpha even if DWARF2 EH is not used?

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)