A glibc bug?

From chris@classnet.med.miami.edu  Mon May 17 11:33:51 1999
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 14:33:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: Christopher C Chimelis <chris@classnet.med.miami.edu>
To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
Subject: Re: Easy question :-)

On Sat, 15 May 1999, H.J. Lu wrote:

> My goal is merge my changes into the official binutils.
> The main problem is the Linux/ARM support in the offical
> binutils is not working. Due to various reasons, they
> cannot take the Linux/ARM support from my binutils. They
> have to start from scratch. Before the offical binutils
> is working on Linux/ARM, I cannot start working on the
> merge. I am waiting for the word from the Linux/ARM
> people.

Ah, ok.  Thanks.  Oh, also btw, have you heard anything about problems
with gprof under glibc 2.1 systems with egcs?  I'm having a helluva time
trying to figure it out.

This is the report I got, fyi...I've confirmed it's malfunction on alpha
and i386 and have also confirmed that things work as they should under
glibc 2.0.7ish libs and egcs 2.91.66.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)