Re: Multilib and Linux.

  In message <m10ZdTv-000ErMC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:

  > > There's nothing I'm aware of which would prevent us from building any
  > > particular set of multilibs we need.
  >
  > Nothing. It is just the trouble we have to go through to build
  > a complete Linux distribution with full multilib support. I am
  > not sure if it is worth it.
That's out of the scope of what egcs tries to do.  egcs provides the
capability to multilib its own libraries, not those for an entire system.

That's certainly a much more difficult problem.

  > For example, we have 2 ABIs on Linux/Sparc64, 32bit and 64bit.
  > There are more like that. For one thing, I'd like people to use
  > the 64bit ABI on 64bit machines.
I thought you were referring to x86 machines.    It's certainly an issue
for families which have both 32bit and 64bit cpus.

Jeff