Re: Patch to fix recent clnt_udp change

>>1. I don't like that patch. But I couldn't find a better solution. I
>>want to keep the impact as small as possible.
>
>The problem is that UDP to localhost is blackholed if there's no
>route - isn't that a kernel bug?

Sort of.  I suspect that if you ask the networking experts, the response will
be that UDP doesn't give you any guarantee of delivery anyway.  I don't know
how easy or difficult it would be to add this, and whether it would have any
adverse impact on anything else.  It may be difficult to get the kernel people
to accept a fix, especially if it involves extra cycles on a fast path, just
to get the right error return in what is basically an obscure corner case to
most people.

As I said before I don't like the patch either, but I agree with H.J that no
better solution springs to mind.

p.