Re: An importanta patch for glibc 2.1.1

Mark Kettenis <kettenis@wins.uva.nl> writes:

|>    From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
|>    Date: 09 Apr 1999 09:37:20 +0200
|>
|>    |> Why do we have to follow SunOS4?
|>
|>    Because Linux is similar.
|>
|> Not necessarily, what Linux returns in statfs.f_bsize is not
|> necessarily he smallest possible block that is manipulated by the
|> filesystem.  So in my view it is not the "fundamental" filesystem
|> block size.

AFAICS statfs.f_bsize has exactly the same meaning in Linux and in SunOS4.

|> setting statvfs.f_frsize = 0 would be better.

After looking at the df source i now think that this is the best solution,
until Linux implements statvfs.  It's just that the SUS2 specification
needs fixing.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de                      completely different"