Re: __register_frame_info & shared library compatibility

[BTW Jeffrey, your from: address <law@upchuck.cygnus.com> is bouncing]

> No, this is an egcs problem.  We can't have these kinds of problems show
> up when folks rebuild their libraries with newer versions of the compiler.
>
> Can I be any clearer?

The policy is pretty clear.

The danger is that we get locked in to including bloat in all binaries,
that can't ever be removed.  I'm interested in a solution to that long
term problem.  If we have to include the bloat in the interim to provide
binary compatibility, that is fine.

Though frankly, the bloat due to the redundant .eh_frame in C binaries
much more significant.  Is throwing an exception through C really
supposed to have defined behaviour?

-- Jamie