Re: A patch for linuxthreads

>    From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)
>    Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:28:23 -0800 (PST)
>
>    The patch for Versions fixes another bug.
>
> Which one?  HJ, please explain the problem.  The __libc_internal
> functions are supposed to be internal, so without an explanation why
> we need to export them I'd say the patch is worng!

If you take a look at malloc and linuxthreads, you will find that both
libc and linuxthreads define them and we are expecting "-lpthread"
will replace the ones in libc with the ones in linuxthreads. From
linuxthreads/Versions:

    # Internal libc interface to libpthread
    __libc_internal_tsd_get; __libc_internal_tsd_set;

what it means libc has to export them so that libpthread can override
them. I hope it is clear now.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)