Re: db1 -> db2

>With glibc 2.1, we have libdb2. I always thought, that libdb2 could
>read databases created with libdb1, and convert it if you write to
>it.

I don't think this is true.  A utility is provided to convert db1 databases to
db2 format but it's a one time operation and you have to do this before db2
can read them.

>This seems not to be true, if I recompile programs using db_185.h and
>linking them against libdb2, this programs couldn't read any longer
>their old databases.

All db_185.h provides is an API compatibility layer that looks like that
used by db1, to make it easier to run old applications with db2.  It doesn't
give you any compatibility between database files.

p.