Re: ld.so version map

Mark Kettenis <kettenis@wins.uva.nl> writes:

> Using libc's version map for ld.so really is the right thing, since
> there are no symbols in there that we should not export.

No, it's not the correct way in general.  It might be for Hurd but
*definitely* not for Linux.

If you want to do this for Hurd I see no problem.  We can arrange that
the content of libc.map gets added automagically.  But I think you
should look into the set of symbols which really have to be exported.
The number is not that large and the code is duplicated in any case.