Re: patch PR 936

Mark Kettenis <kettenis@wins.uva.nl> writes:

> What surprises me is that we're going through a lot of trouble to fix
> what you yourself called a bug in the guys program.

Actually, what the patch does is t remove something I've put in for
lazyness.  At least for Linux.  We haven't created an own linker map
since the one for libc works.  We have to share certain functions with
the libc.  The set selected by the patch is the bare minimum.

If for Hurd we need more functions to be shared (since there are dummy
implementations in ld.so) this can easily be solved by putting
Hurd-specific definitions for ld.so in sysdeps/mach/hurd/Versions.

I wouldn't have touch this if we wouldn't get an overall improvement.